Life’s Digital Bits offers one-on-one technology coaching to help you build your technology skills, so you can become technologically proficient, and better navigate our digital world. Learn the technology skills you need, for when you need them.
How does technology coaching work?
First, we’ll have a brief phone call to identify your goals for the coaching. Are you trying to become tech savvy or work on some key skills? Do you need to work more efficiently—and with less frustration? Have new technology responsibilities come along with a job change? Are you a technophobe? Once we’ve identified your goals, we’ll schedule a series of four 60-minute coaching sessions (or more). We’ll work together on the phone, via Skype, or in a webconference – whichever method works best for you.
What will we work on during coaching?
Mostly, we will work on technology skills that affect your day-to-day life at home and/or work; we’ll work on getting you proficient and independent. When needed, practice exercises and immediate feedback will be provided, so you can improve quickly.
What can I be coached on?
- Learning a tech skill (managing your emails, formatting documents, manipulating pictures)
- Learning hardware (smartphones, wifi routers, wearable tech)
- Learning software (word processing, desktop publishing, note-taking)
- How to use technology to accomplish a task (manage a budget, create a resume, share files)
- How to accomplish a task using a specific software (data analysis in Google Sheets, inventory in Microsoft Access)
- and much more